We're excited about all the attention the new Family Properties feature has been getting and are working hard to iron out the last remaining bugs. (Be sure to let us know in the Bugs & Support forum if you're experiencing any.) There has been some confusion regarding how Family Properties work; we're going to try to clear that up here.
Let’s start with explaining why it's a good idea to build and defend Family Properties: for the Family Property Bonus! The reason to build the first Family Property, the Artillery Station, for example, is that it nets you a 1,000 point bonus to your Mafia attack (when its health is at 100%).
There are 10 levels to each Family Property and, in the case of the Artillery Station, each level grants a 1,000 point Mafia attack bonus. A Level 10 Artillery Station, then, will grant you a 10,000 point bonus to your Mafia attack! (Again, that's when the Artillery Station is at 100% health.)
As rival families rob from your Family Property, its health decreases and the Family Property Bonus you receive is reduced. Keep your Family Property fully repaired and maximally defended to maintain 100% of the bonus its level can grant you.
Once you've built a Family Property, there are 3 main things you can do to it:
1) Upgrade it. This increases the max Family Property Bonus the property can grant you. Upgrades are performed with consumable parts, which are available from robbing rival families' properties (max. 30/day) and from requests & gifts (max. 20/day). Note: Damaged properties cannot be upgraded until they are fully repaired. Read on to learn more about repairing your Family Properties.
2) Defend it. This makes it harder for rival families to reduce the Family Property Bonus the property is granting you. Each family member can add up to 5 items to a Family Property (higher defense stats = higher property health), but be sure to choose carefully, as the items you select will be removed from your personal inventory and cannot be recovered, even if you decide to better equip the Family Property later on. Items of all classes may be contributed; try combinations to earn a bonus!
3) Repair it. Restoring your Family Property's health recovers any Family Property Bonus reductions resulting from rival families robbing the property. Family Properties do not heal themselves; repairs, like upgrades, are performed with consumable parts, which are available from robbing rival families' properties (max. 30/day) and from requests & gifts (max. 20/day).
We've edited the in-game explantion of Family Properties for clarity and to include some tweaks (in bold italics below) we've since made to the feature:
Your Family Property is a property shared by your family. It provides a bonus stat to the entire family. The higher the level of your Family Property, the higher the bonus stat received by your family. The bonus stat is calculated based on the level of your property and the damage status, so ensure that you upgrade and repair your property frequently in order to earn the highest bonus stat possible.
You can upgrade your property by using consumable parts. Your property can be upgraded up to a maximum of Level 10. If damaged, you will need to repair your property before you can upgrade it.
The defense of your property is determined by the items allocated to your property by the individual members of your family. Each member can contribute 5 items per property, but these will be permanently removed from one's Inventory, so choose wisely. Both the attack and the defense stats of these items count towards the defense of your property. Items of all classes may be contributed, excluding limited or restricted items. Different combinations could earn special bonuses.
Once damaged, the health of your property regenerates over time. You can also repair your property by using consumable parts. Remember, you can only upgrade your property once it is fully repaired, so make sure that you repair any damage to your property immediately.
You and each member of your family can obtain the following maximum number of consumable parts per day to repair/upgrade your property: – 20 parts from requests – 20 parts from feeds (a feed can be published every 6 hours) – 60 parts from successfully robbing rival properties
You can rob your rivals' Family Properties as you stand to win repair/upgrade consumable parts. The damage dealt to a rival property is determined by two factors – the strength of the player attacking the property and the defense strength of the property being attacked.
Each property has it's own unique consumable used for healing and upgrading. These consumables can be obtained through varies methods.
- Gift requests (max 20/day)
- Wall feed posts (max 20/day)
- Robbing other families (max 60/day)
- RP purchase (unlimited) at a rate of 10 for 30, 20 for 60, 50 for 135, and 100 for 250
Health and HealingEdit
Maximum property health is determined by the individual items that each member of the family can donate (5 items per property). The higher the combined stats of each donated item, the more health is gained by the property. Items donated are removed from the individuals inventory permanently.
Property health is reduced by robbing and will regenerate over time, at a rate of +1 health point every 5 minutes. You may also heal your property with the use of the consumable related to that property. Maximum healing costs for each level of each property can be found on the individual property pages.
Upgrading and BonusesEdit
Each property can be upgraded up to Level 10 and must be fully healed before it can be upgraded. Upgrading your property will cost increasing amounts of consumables, and are detailed on the individual property pages.
Each level you upgrade your property to provides a level bonus. Bonuses are reduced as your property health lowers (to a minimum of 25%). Once upgraded to a particular level all bonuses from previous levels become fixed and only the additional bonus of your current level can be reduced.Bonus amounts can be viewed in the family module and are displayed in yellow adjacent to your equipment scores on the fight page.
Family properties can be robbed, reducing the level bonus received as detailed above. Robbing success is calculated based on your personal attack skill vs target property defense and will cost increasing amounts of stamina per attempt starting at 10 with no cap on the maximum cost. Robbing cost will reset every 6 hours.
Successful robberies will yield an experience ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 and the chance of consumable loot drops, while failed robberies will yield an experience ratio of just 1:1.
The consumable required for this property is the Artillery Shell.
The consumable required for this property is the Reinforced Concrete.