Cuba was released on 11th June, 2009 and is the second playable location. It covered level 35-150.
Cuba was closed on March 3rd, 2011.
Cuba re-opened for 2 weeks from August 31 until September 13, 2011.
- El Soldado level 35 - 59
- El Capitan level 60 - 84
- El Jefe level 85 - 109
- El Patron level 110 - 129
- El Padrino level 130 - 150
- El Cacique level 151+
|Garza 9||25||10||35||Smuggle In Some Supplies|
|RA-92||29||11||40||Establish Contact With The FRG|
|M16A1||30||12||42||Transport A Shipment of US Arms|
|Ru-38 Pistol||20||24||44||Capture An Army Outpost|
|Cane Knife||18||28||46||Ransack A Local Plantation|
|Para 322||34||14||48||Help The FRG Steal A Truckload Of Weapons|
|Gaff hook||20||35||55||Pillage A Shipyard|
|ASC45 Conquistador||36||18||54||Pass On Some Intel To The FRG|
|Aguila HV .50 Sniper Rifle||40||16||56||Assassinate An Opposing Consigliere|
|TNT||42||20||62||Raid The Arms Depot|
|Canonazo||42||22||64||Loot The National Museum|
|Street Gang Member||20||14||34||Intimidate The Locals|
|Camouflage Body Armor||18||34||52||Meet With The FRG Leadership|
|Guerrilla Squad||34||30||64||Supply The FRG With Some Extra Muscle|
|Mara Serpiente||24||18||42||Assault A Snitch's Hideout|
|Chucho FAV||25||20||45||Ambush A Military Patrol|
|Ocelot Armored Truck||18||28||46||Burn Down A Hacienda|
|Montaine 320||27||23||50||Shake Down A Hotel Owner|
|Cigarette Boat||25||27||52||Take Over The Docks|
|Mini-Sub||30||25||55||Sink A Competing Smuggler's Ship|
|Si-14 Cargo Plane||31||31||62||Capture The Airport|
|Hu-9 Helicopter||36||27||63||Attack The Army Command Post|
|Armored State Car||30||42||72||Storm The Presidential Palace|
|Track Loader||37||32||69||Take Over The Havana Reconstruction|
No Animals were available when Cuba was released
Limited Time LootEdit
|Old Cannon||110||75||185||Return To Cuba|
|Smoker||65||97||162||Return To Cuba|
|Trigger Happy||151||60||211||Return To Cuba|
Out Of Time
|Barrier Coat||96||60||156||Return To Cuba|
Out Of Time
|Kit Vest||71||110||181||Out Of Time|
|Shelled Torso||151||60||211||Out Of Time|
|CM Tango||109||73||182||Return To Cuba|
|Renaldo||98||62||160||Out Of Time|
|Goliath Grouper||96||64||160||Return To Cuba|
Out Of Time
El Rey Roadster
40 30 70
38 35 73
Avispa Machine Gun
54 24 78
46 34 80
42 56 98
Cazador Assault Rifle
60 25 85
Cuba Ruby MasteryEdit
76 165 241
Rum Drinks CollectionEdit
|Piña Colada||Hurricane||Bahama Mama||Mojito||Rum Runner||Long Island Ice Tea||Cuba Libre||Flaming Shot|
Tropical Fruits CollectionEdit
- Obtained: El Capitan Job Tier
- Vault Bonus: +3 Stamina
- Revault Boost: Boosted Smoothie (-18 job energy costs)
|Banana||Lime||Pineapple||Papaya||Coconut||Passion Fruit||Dragon Fruit||Boosted Smoothie|
- Obtained: El Jefe Job Tier
- Vault Bonus: +10 Health
- Revault Boost: 7 Sandbag Wall (+35 fight defense skill)
|Magician||Fan Dancer||Comedian||Band Leader||Cabaret Singer||Crooner||Burlesque Dancer||Sandbag Wall|
Tropical Fish CollectionEdit
|Pufferfish||Sergeant Major||Yellowtail Snapper||Great Barracuda||Queen Angelfish||Reef Shark||Blue Marlin||Blowfish Dart|
- Obtained: El Padrino Job Tier
- Vault Bonus: +7 Defense
- Revault Boost: Hobo Lookout (+60 robbing defense skill)
|Garibaldi||Hulihee||Vandyke||Mutton Chops||Soul Patch||French Fork||Fidel||Hobo Lookout|
- Completing this collection will grant the player the No Razors Needed achievement.
Island BoundEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by traveling to Cuba
Banana RepublicEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by owning all properties in Cuba
Havana Hat TrickEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by mastering at least one job tier in Cuba
No Razors NeededEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by vaulting the entire Beards collection
Like a HurricaneEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by winning 1000 fights in Cuba
My Little FriendEarned on June 12, 2009
Earned by gifting an M16A1 to a friend
InternationalEarned on June 19, 2009
Earned by collecting over 1,000,000 Cuban Pesos
Big BusinessEarned on June 19, 2009
Earned by fully upgrading a single Cuban business other than the Bodega
TycoonEarned on June 19, 2009
Earned by fully upgrading all six Cuban properties
Next!Earned on October 16, 2009
Earned by mastering Cuban job tiers up to Gold.
Return To CubaEarned on August 30, 2011
Earned by mastering Cuban Job tiers up to Ruby.
A shadowy organization called the Neo-Imperium is secretly working to destabilize the current world order and control all criminal activities throughout the planet. The Neo-Imperium are attempting to overthrow the government and install a puppet leader to establish one of the biggest drug trafficking centers in the world. This is a warning to all Mafia crime bosses that Cuba is no longer safe.
It’s time to head to Cuba and complete a series of missions to combat this new organization before time runs out and all players will be locked out from Cuba. You have until March 2 to complete these missions and do all other activities in Cuba. Job mastery in Cuba will be 5X and a new loot item will drop from jobs and fights in this unstable country. There are also new loot items and a 10% cash bonus for Mafia players who complete all the tasks in the allotted time.You’ll need a lot of Politico Corruptos from your Bribery Ring property in Cuba to finish your “Crisis in Cuba” mission. If you’re running low on corrupt politicians, don’t worry. You’ll be able to send Politico Corruptos to your Mafia and request them from your friends through the Gift Page. The “Crisis in Cuba” Mission is available to users level 18 and above.
Seasons change, and in March, Mafia Wars will change in an unprecedented way.
- Cuba is closing, why?
- We have some major things coming up in March, and part of the storyline involves the closing down of Cuba. 'A major disruption is about to happen. A powerful, new criminal organization is wreaking havoc on the current world order. This has caused an uprising in Cuba where all Mafia bosses will be deported. It will soon be revealed where and why this new criminal organization, the Neo-Imperium, is disrupting Cuba.'
- What do you mean closing?
- Cuba will no longer be accessible. It will be grayed out on the travel menu and any attempts to get to Cuba will be stopped with a popup. You will not be able to vault or revault Cuba collections. You will not be able to collect from Cuba properties or access the Cuba bank. You will not be able to complete Cuba achievements. You will not be able to fight or rob in Cuba.
- When will this happen?
- Cuba will be closing on March 3rd.
- Is this permanent?
- Cuba will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- What if I have finished Cuba already?
- In order to complete Cuba in Crisis mission, you will need to loot Prop 4's. This will only drop in jobs and fights (but not robs) in Cuba. Completing the mission will award you with the Special Mastery Item, an Embargo Net that will result in an additional 10% cash in <top secret location>.
- What if I haven't finished Cuba already?
- In addition to the Prop 4's, you will receive 5x Mastery on unmastered jobs. You might also want to ask for Politico Corruptos from your friends. Mastered jobs reward you with a skill point. In addition, there are Mastery Items for mastering each tier (El Rey Roadster, Guerilla Commando, Avispa Machine Gun, Che's Beret, Cocodrilo, and Cazador Assault Rifle) If you haven't vaulted the Cuba collections, each of them offer a permanent addition to your skill.
- What if I don't finish Cuba in time?
- Your Cuba progress will be frozen.
- I like fighting in Cuba!
- The Cuba version of fighting will also be closed for the foreseeable future.
Source: Cuba In Crisis 411
Return To CubaEdit
With the Neo-Imperium distracted by their criminal activities in other parts of the world, your chance has come to sneak back into Cuba. Your job progress will start for where you left off, but you’ll find a new tier of job mastery and powerful new loot. Be sure to hurry though, the Neo-Imperium won’t be fooled for long. Grab what you can while you can, because this temporary visa won’t last forever.
Cuba Event Developer Explanation:
Due to player request, we will be re-opening Cuba temporarily for 2 weeks. Many players are disappointed that they no longer have access to Cuba job progress and properties, so we wanted to attempt a temporary re-opening through a limited time event to see how players enjoy it.
During this time users will have access to Cuba with new added loot drops. Their job progress will be the same as when they left it. Additionally, for those players who already finished Cuba, we are releasing a Ruby tier of Job Mastery. We are very aware of the dedication players have put into finishing Cuba, so we wanted to make sure everyone has something to tackle in the re-opening, along with high end loot drops and new mastery items for completing Ruby Tiers.We would really like to hear your feedback on this event, the Cuba shutdown event, and future city releases and events. We strive to make sure the new city content we release is the best for our players that it can be! Thanks everyone – and good luck dealing with the Neo-Imperium!-Mafia Wars Blog